Monday, April 12, 2010

Diary of a Clown/Letter to the Niece of a Clown
By Susan aka Polkadots the Clown

Hey D!

Hope you're still in camp being the center of attention, in a good way that is! Talk about the center of attention...guess who did a show in the ladies room today? Give up...Yup, that's right, your beloved Polka dotted Aunt! While on my way back from performing at a birthday party at the Central Park Carasol, It started to down pour with a thunderous soundtrack. All the parents and kids that were in the playground seeked shelter by the awning, separating the playground from the bathrooms. Since there were so many people crowded under the awning, about fifteen more woman and children were hanging out in the ladies room. After performing my bathroom duties (maybe Pee pees, I can't remember), I took out some of my shticks’ and tricks and gave them the show of there lives! It wasn’t too much effort on my part, since I already had a lot of the stuff in my pockets, but how many people can say they saw a show in a ladies room? At the end of my show, people started asking me for my cards and taking pictures of me posing with their kids. God upstaged me towards the end of my show with a beautiful rainbow shining its rays through the opening of the ladies room door!
With that said, I'll leave you with this thought...
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass… It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.
Love and Kisses, your Polka dotted Aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment