Monday, April 12, 2010


Diary of a Clown/There’s something Fishy about this Job

By Susan Zwirn aka Polkadots the Clown

Probably the most fun I ever had at a job was when I was hired to act as a Mermaid at a corporate company picnic in New Jersey. Because the picnic had a beach theme, they wanted me (attired as a Mermaid) seated in a lounge chair for six hours (not including breakfast), that was located in this large shrimp and ice filled tub. The idea was to keep the long lines of people waiting for there seafood, entertained. I spent two weeks prior to this learning all of these fish jokes. Let’s see if I can remember some of them…”There’s something fishy about that!”, “Stay in school you little Guppies! “, “Don’t be a crab!”I wish I could remember more. I managed to get a big laugh (which always puts me on a high) and at the same time, I got to pig out on all of the shrimp, since it fit right into the scheme of things. By 1:00, I probably had over 50 shrimp! When someone came over and told me to break for lunch, I could hardly stand up! I was barely able to eat my lunch, which was mouth watering seafood!
I would definitely chalk this up as the best job I had! Where else could you get paid for laying on a lounge chair, eating your favorite food, having good looking rich guys flirt with you?.. Other than a stripper or hooker that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment